Friday, February 10, 2012

The Beginnings

Last night we spent all of our time getting ready to do this flash mob. It may seem like a fun and simple progress (maybe?), but it actually takes quite a bit more effort than I imagined. The first thing we did last night was to meet within our small groups and come up with our own "pitch" for what we wanted to do. The ideas varied quite a bit, and I think the challenging part was that since we are all putting this on, we all had our own ideas of what it should look like. The decision on the song was a little tense, to be honest. However, I think the challenge and tension and working through the decision was really growing for us as a class. We are going to have to do this in our profession: work with people through differences of opinions, learn to compromise, and learn to love other people in doing so. We are always going to be around people in our lives and something that I'm continually learning, by God's grace, is how to love others by listening to their ideas and even surrendering mine at times.

After we went through the whole process of deciding on a song, we realized that choreographing our own dance would take too much time and effort for the amount that we had allotted. So we cast a new vote. Kaylee mentioned doing "The Interlude," which many people hadn't heard of, but we ended up watching it and all agreeing! It was fabulous to put the choice to rest. We nominated Kaylee to lead us and we started making lists of what needed to be done immediately, next Thursday, and then on the day of the performance. Once we got ideas flowing and things on paper, things went pretty smoothly. We even had the chance to learn the dance in the room--having moved all the tables out of the way. I'm excited to see this play out, see us bond and grow as a class, and have fun! I even heard talk of a Flash Mob Club on campus.....?

I've included a picture this time of my boyfriend Andrew and I from this summer. We had the chance to lead wilderness trips together and tell kids (middle and high school) about Jesus, whom we both love so much. I love being outside and doing almost anything adventurous. So this picture which encapsulates a huge chunk of my heart is at the Turtle Flambeau Flowage, during our trip training and before we were actually dating. (We began dating after the summer.) I just wanted to share a little bit more about my life...plus, I really like pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment